Does auto insurance protect me in cases of vandalism or theft?

If you only have the minimum auto insurance in Wisconsin, your protection is very limited. The state only requires you to carry liability insurance. Liability insurance protects the other parties if you are found to be at fault in an accident.

Minimum insurance for New Richmond, WI drivers may also not be enough to cover damages, especially if there were injuries. At Choice 1 Insurance Agency, we can help you understand what coverage you have so you can make an informed decision about what other kinds or protection you need.

Coverage for Vandalism and Theft

Liability insurance does not protect you if your vehicle is deliberately damaged or stolen. If the criminal is caught, you may be able to get restitution or reimbursement in a civil suit. Otherwise, you are responsible for paying out of your own pocket.

If you want protection in case of vandalism or theft, you should look into comprehensive coverage. Comprehensive coverage actually protects your vehicle from several different kinds of perils, including:

  • Vandalism
  • Theft
  • Fire
  • Animal damage

Other Kinds Of Protection You May Need

Collision coverage is another popular kind of protection you can opt for. Liability insurance only pays for the other driver’s vehicle; collision coverage protects yours too.

Medical benefits coverage will help to cover medical expenses and funeral expenses, as needed, no matter who was at fault in an accident.

If you don’t have roadside assistance through another source, you can add it to your auto insurance.

If you are waiting for your vehicle to be repaired, rental car coverage can keep you mobile.

Call Today So We Can Help You Get Started

Driving in New Richmond, WI has risks, but you can protect yourself with the right coverage. Call Choice 1 Insurance Agency if you have any questions.