Coverage For Items That Are Stored in Areas with High Visibility

Large investments stored in areas with high visibility are prone to theft, vandalism, and basic damage. Use the following pointers to guide you in acquiring the insurance coverage needed to protect commercial equipment and furnishings.

Business Essentials

The equipment and furnishings that you decide to insure should be essential to operating your business. A thorough review of how you perform day-to-day business operations will help you select the items you will add to your commercial insurance policy.

If you own a large business, prepare a schedule to inspect each work area separately. Record information about the machinery, vehicles, furniture, and other items necessary to conduct business.

Risk Factors

Consider the risk factors associated with high visibility. For instance, electronic equipment stored in a common area may be more prone to theft than items stored behind closed doors.

The risk factors you uncover may convince you to purchase enhanced insurance coverage for some of your business equipment.

Detailed List

Furnish an insurance agent with a detailed list of items you want to add to your commercial insurance policy. Your list should include the model number of each item. 

It should also include a description of how the item is used within your place of business. It may also be necessary to provide a monetary value for your business equipment.

Contact Choice 1 Insurance Agency

Choice 1 Insurance Agency offers many commercial insurance products. Consult with one of our agents who serves New Richmond, WI. They will advise you on insurance coverage that will protect business essentials stored in high-visibility areas.

Occupational Accident vs. Workers’ Comp for Drivers

Commercial drivers in Portland, OR, must understand the differences between occupational accident insurance and workers’ compensation to ensure adequate coverage. At Choice One Insurance Inc., we frequently guide drivers through these options to help them make informed decisions about their insurance needs.

Occupational Accident Insurance provides coverage for independent contractors and owner-operators who might not be eligible for Workers’ Compensation. This type of insurance is particularly relevant in Portland, where many drivers operate on a freelance basis. It covers medical expenses, loss of income, and accidental death and dismemberment, which are essential for drivers facing the daily risks of the road.

On the other hand, workers’ compensation is designed for employees rather than contractors. It offers broad coverage, including medical care, disability benefits, and rehabilitation costs associated with work-related injuries or illnesses. In Oregon, businesses with employees are generally required to carry Workers’ Compensation, making it a crucial consideration for any company employing full-time drivers.

Choice One Insurance Inc., based in Portland, OR, recognizes that each driver’s situation is unique. For this reason, we offer personalized consultations to discuss which type of coverage best fits your specific circumstances. Whether you’re an independent driver needing to safeguard against accidents or a business owner needing to comply with state laws, our team has the expertise to help you navigate your options.

If you’re a driver in Portland, OR, and are unsure about your insurance needs, don’t hesitate to contact us at Choice One Insurance Inc. Allow us to help you ensure that you have the correct protection on the road. Reach out to us today to learn more about how we can assist with either Occupational Accident Insurance or Workers’ Compensation. We strive to help you drive with peace of mind.

How Automotive Liability Insurance Provides Protection

Liability Insurance: A Primer for New Richmond, WI Drivers

Liability insurance is an essential facet of vehicle insurance. Discover how this coverage offers protection below. Once you’ve evaluated your need for liability protection as a driver, connect with our Choice 1 Insurance Agency representatives.

The Role of Liability Insurance

Liability insurance safeguards against bodily injury and property damage with specified coverage limits. If multiple people are injured in an accident, the coverage could extend separate payment amounts for each affected party. If you already have a liability insurance policy, revisit the extent of coverage it provides.

Additional Coverage Details

Remember that insurance coverage addresses costs directly related to an accident that was your fault, but it doesn’t finance repairs to your car. You may want to consider other types of auto insurance that offer the protection you seek.

Defining Your Insurance Needs

Evaluate your vehicle’s value and inspect your driving history. These details will help determine whether you need basic liability protection or increased protection. If your vehicle was a hefty investment, or you’re a relatively new driver worried about potential accidents, you might benefit from additional insurance coverage.

Contact Choice 1 Insurance Agency

After understanding the concept and implications of liability insurance coverage, connect with an agent from Choice 1 Insurance Agency in New Richmond, WI. They will make sure your personal insurance policy provides an adequate amount of liability insurance protection.

Insurance Coverage for Machinery Used at Your Place of Business

The daily operations of your business heavily rely on your machinery. Assessing them regularly and ensuring sufficient insurance coverage safeguards your business from unforeseen breakdowns or damage. Below are a few tips on how to optimize your existing commercial insurance policy.

Conduct a Preliminary Inspection

Our first recommendation is to initiate an in-depth inspection of your machinery. This process will provide you with an overview of every piece of equipment’s current state and potential issues. Whether it’s worn-out parts or inadequate lubrication, spotting these problems can go a long way toward maintaining optimal functionality. Address these issues promptly for a well-maintained inventory.

Understand your Commercial Insurance Requirements

Take into consideration the frequency and nature of use for each piece of machinery. Machines that undergo heavy usage may need more coverage than others. Similarly, machinery with potential safety risks may also require higher insurance coverage. Draft a list outlining each piece of equipment you own along with associated concerns. This list will become a valuable tool for determining sufficient asset coverage.

Choosing Appropriate Insurance Coverage

After assessing your machinery and identifying its needs, the next step is to contact an insurance agent. An agent who comprehends the specific needs of businesses in New Richmond, WI, can guide you through selecting the best coverage for your machinery. At Choice 1 Insurance Agency, we routinely assist businesses in providing the most secure options.

Is a Home Alarm System Worth It?

Is a Home Alarm System Right for You? Assessing the Benefits

Deciding to install a home alarm system calls for considering several factors, including how secure your neighborhood is, the value of your possessions, and your safety requirements. At Choice 1 Insurance Agency in New Richmond, WI, we know that an efficient home alarm system is a robust deterrent against potential burglars, offering you peace of mind. Let’s delve deeper into the value a home alarm system brings beyond just security.

Preventing Break-Ins and Speedy Detection

A professionally installed home alarm system with noticeable cameras and security signs discourages burglars. Besides acting as a deterrent, modern security technologies alert homeowners of unauthorized entries, which is crucial in preventing crimes and limiting damage.

Peace of Mind

Many homeowners value the peace of mind a home alarm system offers. Knowing your home is under surveillance, whether you’re away or within, gives you a sense of security, significantly reducing safety concerns.

Insurance Benefits

Having a monitored security system may lead to discounts on home insurance premiums. These discounts can offset some of the costs of the alarm system, positioning it as a financially sensible choice.

Integration with Smart Home Features

Alarm systems nowadays aren’t restricted to just basic burglary prevention. They integrate flawlessly with smart home technology, enabling homeowners to control and monitor their homes remotely. This not only bolsters yourhome’ss security but also amplifies your convenience in managing your home.

To learn more about securing your home or for any insurance-related inquiries, please get in touch with us at Choice 1 Insurance Agency in New Richmond, WI. Our team of experienced professionals is ready to help you navigate the various insurance options and ensure you are always protected.

Three Types of Coverage in Condo Insurance

When you get condo insurance, it provides you with several different kinds of coverage. There are three main types of coverage included along with a few other types. When you own a condo and don’t have a condo policy in place yet, give us a call at Choice 1 Insurance Agency in New Richmond, WI. We can help you get the policy you need for your specific condo. 

Protection for the Condo

You’ve invested in your condo, so you need to protect it. Condo insurance includes coverage that protects the part of the building that you own against many types of damage. When you have this coverage, it can pay for the repairs you need after certain events such as disasters. You should never be without this coverage. 

Coverage for Your Items

The items inside your condo also need protection. It’s likely that everything you own is inside, and those items should be covered. Condo insurance doesn’t just cover the condo, it also covers what’s in it. You need this protection in case a damaging event causes extensive damage to some or all of your possessions. Without this coverage, you’d have to pay to replace everything on your own. 

Liability Protection

Another type of coverage in a condo policy is liability coverage. This is a type that pays for someone else’s injuries if they should have an accident while inside your condo. Guests can fall and have other accidents. If they do, you’re responsible for paying for their medical bills and other costs. With condo insurance, the policy pays for those bills to protect you.

Get Condo Insurance

It’s essential to have this insurance if you own a condo. To find out more about these policies, give us a call now at Choice 1 Insurance Agency in New Richmond, WI.  


Should I Keep My Life Insurance Policy If My Hours Are Cut?

Any time we go through financial hardships, the loss of employment, or reduced hours, there is a need to look over the budget and see what can be trimmed off. Before you decide to cut out your life insurance policy from Choice 1 Insurance Agency in New Richmond, WI, there are a few reasons why you should make that monthly installment. 

Accidents Can Happen

Just like the loss of work is unexpected, your passing could also be accidental and completely unexpected. Without the life insurance policy, your loved ones will truly have financial strains on top of your final costs and the lack of income that you have been experiencing. While a life insurance policy cannot replace your presence, it can alleviate some of the burden that comes with grieving and new responsibilities. 

You Have Outstanding Debt

In the event of your passing, your debt isn’t automatically erased, and your loved ones will be forced to cover those expenses. As long as you have outstanding debt and needs, you should keep a life insurance policy intact for your loved ones. They can use the life insurance policy to cover these debts, allowing them to keep the property they were purchasing and intended to use just for them. 

Subject to Rates and Testing

When you first got your life insurance policy, you may not have had to secure any medical exams and had lower rates for the policy. Depending on your age, there may be new regulations when you try to resume the policy and find yourself with a higher rate. This usually happens when the policy has lapsed more than a month. 

Call Today To Discuss Your Options

If you live in the New Richmond, WI area and have questions about life insurance or want a personal quote, contact our agents at Choice 1 Insurance Agency today. 

Does auto insurance protect me in cases of vandalism or theft?

If you only have the minimum auto insurance in Wisconsin, your protection is very limited. The state only requires you to carry liability insurance. Liability insurance protects the other parties if you are found to be at fault in an accident.

Minimum insurance for New Richmond, WI drivers may also not be enough to cover damages, especially if there were injuries. At Choice 1 Insurance Agency, we can help you understand what coverage you have so you can make an informed decision about what other kinds or protection you need.

Coverage for Vandalism and Theft

Liability insurance does not protect you if your vehicle is deliberately damaged or stolen. If the criminal is caught, you may be able to get restitution or reimbursement in a civil suit. Otherwise, you are responsible for paying out of your own pocket.

If you want protection in case of vandalism or theft, you should look into comprehensive coverage. Comprehensive coverage actually protects your vehicle from several different kinds of perils, including:

  • Vandalism
  • Theft
  • Fire
  • Animal damage

Other Kinds Of Protection You May Need

Collision coverage is another popular kind of protection you can opt for. Liability insurance only pays for the other driver’s vehicle; collision coverage protects yours too.

Medical benefits coverage will help to cover medical expenses and funeral expenses, as needed, no matter who was at fault in an accident.

If you don’t have roadside assistance through another source, you can add it to your auto insurance.

If you are waiting for your vehicle to be repaired, rental car coverage can keep you mobile.

Call Today So We Can Help You Get Started

Driving in New Richmond, WI has risks, but you can protect yourself with the right coverage. Call Choice 1 Insurance Agency if you have any questions.

Is Commercial Insurance Necessary for Food Trucks?

Whether you’re serving up hot dogs, tacos, sticky buns, or other delicious treats, it’s important that you protect your investment in your food truck by purchasing the right insurance policy for your needs. At Choice 1 Insurance Agency, serving New Richmond, WI, we’re proud to work with our customers to find the right policy to protect their assets. Let’s take a look at what you need to know when considering insurance for your food truck business. 

Insurance and Your Food Truck

Insuring a food truck can be a tricky business. In most states, including Wisconsin, you’ll need to have a business owner’s insurance policy that provides both liability and property insurance. It’s often a good idea to evaluate your business and decide if you need additional policies to keep your food truck protected. 

What is Commercial Insurance?

Commercial insurance goes above and beyond your standard business insurance policy and can help you rest assured that you’re protected in the event of an employee injury, customer lawsuit, or other unexpected events that can wreak havoc on your profits.

Is Commercial Insurance Necessary for Food Trucks?

Generally, yes–it’s a good idea to purchase commercial insurance for your food truck. You’ll need a business owner’s insurance policy to meet the bare minimum coverage requirements in Wisconsin, but it’s a smart idea to take out a commercial policy to protect you against unexpected problems.

Schedule A Consultation Today

At Choice 1 Insurance Agency, serving New Richmond, WI, we’re proud to be your answer for all of your business insurance needs. Reach out to us today to get a quote on the right insurance policy for your needs. 

Why All Homeowners Need Home Insurance

Every homeowner knows that they have to protect their home in a number of ways. One of the most important ways to protect your home is to make sure you have a home insurance policy and that you keep it as long as you own the home. Without home insurance, you would be at risk for financial devastation from the many things that can happen to your home and the things inside it.

When you need home insurance, call us at Choice 1 Insurance Agency in New Richmond, WI to learn more. 

Home Protection

When a covered event happens that damages your home, your home insurance can pay for the repairs you’ll need so that the money won’t come from your own pocket. The policy can even pay for the home to be rebuilt if it’s destroyed. The cost of major repairs to your home after an event like an accident or disaster can be so high that you wouldn’t be able to afford it without insurance. For most people, their home is their biggest investment. It’s essential to protect it with a home insurance policy. 

Protection for Possessions

When a covered event happens that causes damage, it may not just be your home that gets that damaged. Your possessions may also be damaged during the event. Because this happens, home insurance also covers your possessions. You have a lot invested in the things you own, and those items need protection, too. This insurance also gives you liability insurance in case someone ever gets injured on your property. All of these forms of protection are possible, and everyone who owns a home needs to have this in place from the first day they own their home.

Get a Home Insurance Policy

To get your policy, contact us at Choice 1 Insurance Agency in New Richmond, WI.